AECOM launched when a handful of employees from design and engineering companies shared a dream of creating an industry-leading firm dedicated to delivering a better world.
We became an independent company formed by the merger of five entities. While our official founding was in 1990, many of our predecessor firms had distinguished histories dating back more than 120 years.
Since then, more than 50 companies have joined us and, in 2007, we became a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange.
- 13.1 billion of revenue during fiscal year 2022
- Ranked #1 in transportation design, facilities design, green design and environmental engineering by Engineering News-Record in 2022
- Named one of Fortune magazine’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” for the eighth consecutive year
- Named one of 2022 World’s Most Ethical Companies for its commitment to integrity and making a positive impact by Ethisphere
- Listed at #260 on the Fortune 500 as one of America’s largest companies