Req ID **10869**
**Who We Are**
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We’re looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all experiences, skillsets, backgrounds and walks of life. We actively foster a work environment and culture where inclusion and diversity is part of our fundamental structure. This is delivered behaviorally, through our policies, trainings, local partnerships with professional diverse organizations, internal networks and most importantly with the support and sponsorship of our leaders who help drive our commitment to an inclusive, diverse, welcoming and equitable work environment. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
Be involved in projects with our Regulatory Engineering & Geological Services Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a **Staff Geologist** for our **Houston, TX** office. The Regulatory Engineering & Geological Services Team supports clients with subsurface geological and engineering concerns for site selection, feasibility, permitting, and petitioning of underground injection control wells for nonhazardous/hazardous waste injection, cavern storage, and carbon sequestration. The team also interacts regularly with state and federal regulatory agencies on behalf of our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Map and interpret site geology for suitability for carbon sequestration, industrial waste disposal, or oil and gas waste disposal. Project sites are located across the U.S.
• Assist with the development of technical permit applications for disposal well and salt cavern operators. Projects include new well development, modifications and amendments, and renewals.
• Participate in feasibility studies, supports drilling activities (remotely), supports regulatory compliance issues, and other duties as assigned.
• Assist the project manager with client and regulating agency on small and medium sized projects.
• Complete high-quality deliverables on-time within project scope-of-work and budgeted hours.
• Work with multidisciplinary team of geologists, engineers, CAD specialists, and administrative assistants to deliver successful projects.
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
• Bachelor of Science in Geology.
• <1 year of experience working working as petroleum or environmental geologist or hydrogeologist. • <1 year of experience working as an environmental consultant with regular and sustained client and regulatory engagement. • Experienced with technical writing and developing large technical documents. Writing samples will be requested during the interview. • Travel expected to be< 10%. • Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures. • Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies. • Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures • Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies • This role is subject to a client mandated drug/alcohol testing policy. As such, employee may be subject to random drug/alcohol tests. A copy of the client mandated drug/alcohol testing policy will be provided during employee onboarding and is available upon applicant request. " should be included as a basic qualification. • Must successfully complete and pass WSP’s Motor Vehicle screening. Preferred Qualifications: • Master of Science in Geology. • Permitting experience with TCEQ, LDNR, US EPA or similar. • Permitting experience in Underground Injection Control (UIC) experience.#LI-MC1 **Additional Requirements** + To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. **Additional Details** + **Travel Required:** 25% + **Job Status:** Regular + **Employee Type:** Full + **Primary Location:** HOUSTON - 16200 PARK ROW + **All locations:** US-TX-Houston **About WSP** WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 15,000 employees in over 300 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com WSP provides a flexible, agile and hybrid workplace model while meeting client needs. Employees are also afforded a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career. At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started? WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status. The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.