**At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.**
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
AECOM is currently seeking **Engineering Geologist** candidates to support dams and mining projects in from our **Denver, Colorado office** . The qualified candidate should have a minimum of 5 to 10 years of experience in consulting with a strong background in geotechnical investigations. The position requires effective verbal skills to communicate with internal teams and clients.
Additional experience preferred includes: leadership, task management, geotechnical analytical skills, geologic modeling and experience in geotechnical laboratory testing.
**Responsibilities of the role will include:**
* Maintaining long-term relationships with clients in civil infrastructure and mining by providing technical expertise, attending client and project meetings, managing client expectations, and supporting business development pursuits.
* Planning, budgeting and executing surface and subsurface field geologic and geotechnical exploration, and managing support staff required to execute investigations;
* Perform geologic field reconnaissance and mapping for the identification of geologic hazards and site characterization;
* Provide direction on the design and installation of ground water wells and geotechnical instrumentation (VWP’s, inclinometers, transducers, etc.);
* Provide interpretation of site conditions including: geologic, geochemical, and geophysical data and preparing geotechnical and geologic reports;
* Developing geologic models for complex geologic site conditions;
* Conducting geologic research, and developing innovative ways to advance projects with the latest technologies;
* Performing liaison activities with regulatory agencies (local, state, and federal agencies) on behalf of our clients;
* Written communication skills in the form of technical reports are a must.
+ BA/BS + 4 years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalence of experience and/or education.
+ Valid US Drivers License required.
+ Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Engineering Geology or Geological Engineering (Master’s preferred)
+ Minimum of 5 -10 years of relevant experience
+ Experience with complex subsurface investigations including soil and rock core drilling
+ Installation of piezometers and geotechnical instrumentation
+ Willingness to travel 50% up to 100% for domestic and international projects while conducting physically rigorous field geologic data collection in a variety of extreme terrain and weather conditions
+ Ability to work on multiple project tasks and meet deadlines with aggressive schedules efficiently while maintaining attention to detail and work product quality
+ Must have excellent communication and writing skills. Written communication skills in the form of geotechnical/geologic data reporting is necessary.
+ Professional Registration including PG, CEG, PE, or GE preferred
+ Experience with geotechnical projects including mine tailings dams and water storage dams
+ Relocation is not available for this position.
+ Sponsorship is not available for this position.
+ Offered rate of compensation will be based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. The target salary range for this position is $65,000 -$100,000.
+ AECOM is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our employees. Depending on your employment status, AECOM benefits may include medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D and disability benefits, paid time off, leaves of absence, voluntary benefits, perks, wellness and global well-being, and global EAP, Business Travel and Service Awards programs.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.
**Business Line:** Water
**Business Group:** DCS
**Strategic Business Unit:** West
**Career Area:** Science