**At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world** .
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – over 50,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
**AECOM** is actively seeking a Geologist for employment within our Environmental Remediation Practices group in the Pocasset, MA office to support soil and groundwater investigations and remediation projects.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in environmental field data collection including drilling, soil logging, well installation and soil, groundwater and vapor sample collection; and experience in remediation systems operations, maintenance, and monitoring.
In addition, the candidate will have some experience in data management and basic technical report production. Strong verbal and written communication skills are critical for this role.
Imagine working on rewarding projects within a diverse culture and having access to exceptional training and career development opportunities. Working at AECOM means being part of a global team, working with award-winning professionals across the world. Aspire to be a key player on some of the best projects regionally, with opportunities to work on projects nationally or internationally. Our people bring deep industry knowledge to help you succeed.
Tasks will include:
* Conducting environmental field work, including remediation systems operations, maintenance, and monitoring, soil logging, groundwater sampling, fluid level gauging and oversight of field surveys, drilling, well installation, development operations and utility clearance for intrusive operations.
* Field document preparation, field data collection, processing and interpretation.
* Supporting office tasks, including data analysis and report preparation.
* Interprets and records data, conducts analyses, compares findings to relevant studies and local, state and federal regulations to ensure compliance.
* Travel to project locations including driving and overnight stays.
**MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS** :
* Bachelor’s Degree in Geology, Soil Scientist, Environmental Science, or closely related field and 2+ years of experience in environmental consulting and or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
* Valid driver’s license
**PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS** :
* 4 years of experience in environmental consulting
* 40-Hour HAZWOPER trainingAdditional Information
* This position may be subject to a pre-employment Motor Vehicle Record Screening.
* This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization
**Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.**
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.
**Business Line:** Environment
**Business Group:** DCS
**Strategic Business Unit:** West
**Career Area:** Science