**At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.**
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Job Title: Graduate Hydrogeologist
Business Line: Environment
Locations: Bristol (opportunities also exist in Leeds, Birmingham and Basingstoke (locations and requirements subject to change)
Opening & Closing Date:
Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible since CVs will be reviewed, and candidates selected on a rolling recruitment basis for either immediate or advanced offer start. These roles are a mixture of immediate and summer/autumn 2023 starts.
AECOM have an exciting opportunity for a Graduate Hydrogeologist.
This is a fantastic opportunity to further your career by gaining valuable work experience within a specialist hydrogeological team in an established consultancy.
Your work will cover a broad range of hydrogeological and water resources activities including groundwater resource evaluation and development, hydrogeological impact assessment of major infrastructure schemes such as mines and tunnels, and groundwater control and dewatering.
You’ll work with other experienced members of the team who will guide you as you start working on live projects, including groundwater assessments for a variety of projects in the UK and overseas
At AECOM our multidisciplinary water environment team includes specialists in hydrogeology, hydrology, hydromorphology, water quality and water resource management. Together, we work for a wide range of clients and projects including water companies, onshore oil and gas companies, private companies such as bottled water suppliers, and quarry operators. We are also involved in major ongoing projects such as Thames Tideway Tunnel and HS2 where the groundwater team provides specialist support.
All members of our specialist groundwater resource team take an active role in client contact and commercial aspects of our projects. Health, safety and environmental considerations underpin everything that we do. We are part of AECOM’s Environment business, which delivers environmental management services for feasibility, impact analysis and operational compliance as well as remediation, restoration and re-use of impacted property.
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organisations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital. A Fortune 500 firm, see how we deliver what others can only imagine at aecom.com and @AECOM.
An integral part of your role will be report writing, analysis, interpretation and presentation of data. You’ll also be involved in field work such as water feature surveys, borehole drilling supervision, pumping test supervision and monitoring.
Your initial focus on gaining site experience will gradually transition into taking more responsibility for interpreting data and preparing reports.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Site work, including collection of groundwater and surface water data and supervision of borehole drilling and testing
* Collation, processing and analysis of data into existing and new databases
* Use of specialist groundwater software, including AquiferWin32
* Desk study evaluation of project hydrogeology and contributions to factual and assessment reports
* Preparation of graphical and GIS deliverables
* Contributing to continued innovation and business development
* Involvement with and support to the groundwater team and other disciplines such as hydrology, flood, geotechnics, contaminated land and ecology
* MSc or above in hydrogeology or similar
* First degree in either Geochemistry, applied geology degree ie engineering/environmental geology, Geophysics, Geography, Earth Science, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Bioscience must have a focus on Hydrogeology
* Ability to conceptualise hydrogeological issues
* Self-motivation, enthusiasm, hard working with ambition and drive
* Excellent research and report writing skills.
* Ability to work as part of a team, collaborating with colleagues, client and stakeholders as appropriate and independently without losing initiative & focus.
* Ability to work flexibly under pressure, responding to changing project and programme demands.
* Strong in numeracy
* Ability to communicate effectively to internal and external clients, both verbally & in writing with the confidence to engage with a variety of people (clients, colleagues, stakeholders and sub-contractors alike) and the aptitude to rationally explain, explore and discuss technical issues and capture feedback
* Good Microsoft Office skills essential such as Word, Excel & Powerpoint
* Ability to structure & prioritise work effectively through close cooperation with the team as a whole
* Strong attention to detail.
**Preferred Qualifications :**
* Previous site experience of working in a consultancy environment would be beneficial, including work placements or relevant voluntary experience.
* Language skills
* Experience with office software, databases, GIS and modelling software
* A full driving licence would be beneficial as the role will involve travel for site surveys often with equipment
Our Graduate Development Programme (ADVANCE) along with our huge scope of projects across the globe will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. Our GDP forms a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future. We have more than 750 graduates on our programmes across the UK and Ireland from more than 40 different disciplines, each making a tangible difference to the environment in which we live and work.
We’ll provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including Chartership with the relevant international professional institution (we have graduates working towards more than 30 professional institutions in the UK and Ireland). We’ll push you to achieve the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time. You will be assigned a mentor to support and guide your development, and you will take regular training modules throughout the programme.
Professional Institutes you may work towards include the Chartered Institute for Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM) and Chartered Geologist (CGeol).
**Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.**
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.
**Business Line:** Corporate
**Business Group:** Corporate
**Strategic Business Unit:** Human Resources
**Career Area:** Science