**At AECOM** , we’re delivering a better world. We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – over 50,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
**AECOM** seeks to hire an environmental scientist to support a large ongoing project at client site in Ashland, Wisconsin, with opportunities to support additional projects.
The successful candidate must be local or willing to relocate to the Ashland, WI area. The successful candidate will have experience managing/coordinating environmental projects, supervising/conducting environmental field work and writing environmental technical reports.
* Utilizes advanced scientific principles, theories, practices and existing technologies develop technical solutions to complex problems.
* Interprets and records data, conducts analyses, compares findings to relevant studies and local, provincial and national regulations to ensure compliance. Work is performed with minimal direction.
* Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Responsible for advanced duties and activities in their specialized functional area.
* Conducts research and does investigation work as required.
* Plans and organizes project studies.
* Assists in the resolution of conflicting technical information and unsuitability of standard procedures.
* Performs complex assignments often requiring the development of unique solutions to problems.
* May oversee the work of less experienced scientists.
+ BA/BS + 6 years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
+ Position will require MVR, Drug Screen and Medical Clearance
+ 10+ plus year of experience working on large site investigation and remediation projects. Ability to operate equipment (skid steer, etc.)
+ The ideal candidate will be local to Wisconsin, northern Minnesota, or northern Michigan
+ Engineers, Scientists and Geologist are all encouraged to apply.
+ Sponsorship is not available for this position
+ Travel up to 25%Position will be located at client field office site
**Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.**
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.
**Business Line:** Environment
**Business Group:** DCS
**Strategic Business Unit:** West
**Career Area:** Science