WARREN COUNTY WATER DISTRICT
A. To maintain GIS databases, create maps, and customize Geographic Information Systems (GIS) applications.
B. To provide staff support in accessing, analyzing and utilizing GIS data while manipulating data to serve a variety of purposes.
II. REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS:
A. Reports to: Manager of IT/GIS
B. Supervises: None
III. PERFORMS PERSONALLY:
- Create, maintain, and manage geospatial data related to water utility infrastructure, including pipes, valves, hydrants, connections, and other critical assets.
- Develop ad hoc mapping, spatial analysis and modeling, data visualizations, and interactive dashboards using GIS software.
- Create, analyze, and interpret geospatial data, identifying trends, patterns and anomalies, and communicate findings to decision-makers.
- Create interactive web mapping applications using ESRI Enterprise Portal and ArcGIS online to visualize and share geospatial data.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate GIS data with other systems, such as asset management and customer information systems.
- Assist in the installation, configuration, and maintenance of various GIS hardware and software.
- Utilize GNSS equipment for accurate data collection, field mapping, and asset inventory.
- Integrate GNSS data into GIS databases to improve the accuracy of spatial information.
- Maintains District GIS data with daily edits and processing of data collection.
- Digitizes hard copy as-builts into feature classes and collects and enters attribute data.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all current GIS and GNSS applications, equipment, and software.
- Assist with GIS and GNSS training and technical assistance to Water District staff.
- Works with other Water District personnel and customers regarding locations of facilities and interpreting maps.
- Works with other personnel in surveying, GNSS data collection, or otherwise obtaining field information required for mapping.
- Maintains comprehensive documentation of GIS processes, procedures, and workflows.
- Maintains desire to learn new skills related to GIS development including computer hardware, software, extensions, and applications.
- Assumes responsibility for maintenance of tools and work equipment assigned to the Department.
- Works according to safety rules and policies adopted by Warren County Water District, is responsible for own safety, and reports all accidents to supervisor.
- Complies with traffic laws, regulations, and safe practices while operating any company vehicle.
- Keeps General Manager advised of any informalities internal or external along with any overall personnel and customer problems or other needs within the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor of Science degree in Geography, GIS, Geospatial Science, Computer Science, Civil or Sanitary Engineering or Engineering Technology, or related field.
Must have two years’ experience in the use and application of ESRI ArcGIS software and in the use and application of other ESRI software and GNSS data collection methods.
Must have knowledge of accepted GIS standards and procedures. Proficiency in ESRI enterprise software, including ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Portal or Online, ESRI Field Maps, Survey 123 and ArcGIS server. Knowledge of database management, data modeling, and SQL. Fundamental knowledge and skill in the operation of GNSS equipment. Familiarity with water utility infrastructure and industry-specific GIS applications is preferred. Programming experience a plus, but not required.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
Must be able to work without direct supervision. Strong attention to detail and a commitment to data accuracy. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to apply geospatial principles to real-world challenges. Must be able to work with a team, as well as individually. Excellent communication and teamwork skills. Dedicated to the development of the Water District, in self-development, and in GIS work assigned.
Must be able to work inside or outside as required.
Hybrid remote work schedule will be considered.
Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
Equal Opportunity Employer