About Matrix: Matrix Design Group, Inc., an employee-owned planning, engineering, and environmental consulting firm is actively seeking a GIS Analyst in our Denver, Colorado Springs, Phoenix, and San Antonio offices. As an employee-owned company we are committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, respect, and excellence. Our strengths of service, innovation, and skill are a result of that belief. We have a friendly, collegial, cooperative atmosphere and offer a full range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; holiday, vacation, and sick leave; training and education; 401(k) and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Matrix employees are encouraged to participate in employee wellness programs, social committees, and community outreach programs. We strive to employ highly motivated people with excellent communication and applied problem-solving skills who desire to advance their talents and skills.
Salary Range: $65,000.00 to $73,000.00 Annually. Salary will be dependent upon experience.
Responsible for creating and analyzing digital mapping data using Geographic Information Systems (GIS) to support company-wide efforts in product planning, design, and implementation. Essential functions and competencies may be adjusted to be commensurate with applicant experience and skillset.
- Coordinates the acquisition of spatial data and integrates these data into well-organized GIS formats.
- Develops and implements quality control procedures on a vast array of datatypes, including reviewing data for completeness and accuracy.
- Performs spatial analyses and creates information products from GIS and related software.
- Produces presentation quality maps using cartographic design standards for public, client, and internal usage.
- Catalogs and inventories GIS data, including metadata creation.
- Develops and edits large and complex GIS databases.
- Performs data conversion between GIS and CAD data formats for use within a given software.
- Maintains a high attention to detail on concurrent tasks, while meeting challenging deadlines.
- Uses GIS techniques to provide a better understanding of certain variables in each geographic location.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Creates and manages data to support 3D visualization.
- Develops and maintains ArcGIS Online and StoryMaps to express planning concepts and alternatives.
- Develops custom web applications using Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS and ArcGIS Experience Builder.
- Acquires and designs field collection applications using ArcGIS Field Maps and similar software platforms.
- Explains the values of GIS technology and processes to non-technical audiences.
- Proficiency with Esri’s GIS mapping software, particularly ArcGIS Desktop with Spatial Analyst and 3D Analyst extensions, ArcGIS Pro with Spatial Analyst and 3D Analyst extensions, Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Experience Builder, ArcGIS StoryMaps, ArcGIS Field Maps, and Survey123 for ArcGIS.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Microsoft Access.
- Working knowledge of various relational database management systems (RDBMS).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D with the ability to perform basic editing tasks.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to take direction and work independently.
- A working understanding of programming languages.
- Familiarity with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. A background in asset management, planning, water resources, or similar fields is a plus.
- Familiarity with ArcGIS Model Builder and/or Python scripting for automating geoprocessing.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited program in GIS, geography, planning, computer science, engineering, geology, or related field. An associate degree or GIS certification may also be acceptable if the work experience is commensurate with this position. A master’s degree is a plus.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience with demonstrated GIS responsibilities. Additional experience is a plus.
- Experience implementing GIS solutions for asset management, land use planning projects, and water resources is preferred.
- Experience working in the engineering and/or planning consulting fields is preferred.
- Geographic information System Planning (GISP) Certificate is a plus.
- FAA Part 107 certification and flight experience is a plus.
- Valid driver's license, in conjunction with successfully passing the Company’s MVR.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Matrix Design Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
The expected salary range for this position is displayed in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location.
Any applicant with a qualifying physical or mental disability who believes s/he requires a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should contact us at 719-575-0100 for assistance.
Please apply online at http://www.matrixdesigngroup.com/careers