OceanaGold is a growing intermediate gold and copper producer committed to safely and responsibly maximizing the generation of Free Cash Flow from our operations and delivering strong returns for our shareholders.
We have a portfolio of four operating mines: the Haile Gold Mine in the United States of America; Didipio Mine in the Philippines; and the Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand. Our operations are supported by a global workforce with significant exploration, development and operating experience.
Our Purpose is mining gold for a better future. The gold, copper, and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology which connects communities around the world. Our activities also contribute to economic growth and improved health and education outcomes in the regions where we operate. We provide direct employment for over 3,700 people and indirect employment for many more.
Our Vision is to be a company people trust, want to work and partner with, supply and invest in, to create value. This Vision is brought to life by our Values – Care, Respect, Integrity, Performance and Teamwork – which put our people, host communities, the environment and our stakeholders at the forefront of our decision-making.
Check us out - https://oceanagold.com/
OGC VALUES: CARE | RESPECT | INTEGRITY | PERFORMANCE | TEAMWORK
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our careers website:
Applications close 26 March, 2023. Shortlisting will commence immediately. Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
We are in search of a diligent and detail-oriented Parts Logistic Technician Intern to join our robust logistics team. This internship opportunity is designed to offer hands-on experience in managing and organizing heavy equipment parts, with exposure to parts ordering, retrieval, delivery, and organization
Key tasks and responsibilities:
1. Assist in managing parts inventory, including ordering, receiving, and storing parts in accordance with company guidelines.
2. Coordinate parts retrieval and delivery, ensuring timely and accurate distribution.
3. Aid in maintaining an organized and efficient parts storage system.
4. Data entry: Create, update, and manage computer records of parts' details, movements, and usage.
5. Help the logistics team in forecasting parts needs, optimizing stock levels, and minimizing downtime.
6. Comply with all safety rules and regulations during all work operations.
1. Currently pursuing or recently completed a degree or certification in logistics management or related field.
2. Basic knowledge of heavy equipment parts preferred.
3. Proficiency in computer skills, especially in inventory management software.
4. Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
5. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
6. Ability to work effectively within a team, display initiative, and maintain a positive attitude.
7. Physically fit and capable of handling heavy parts when necessary.
This job is closed.