Matrix has been
named a Zweig Group 2023 Best Firm to Work For and a 2023 Hot Firm!
About Matrix: Matrix Design Group, Inc., an employee-owned planning, engineering, and environmental consulting firm is actively seeking a Senior GIS Analyst/Project Manager in our Colorado Springs and Denver offices. As an employee-owned company we are committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, respect, and excellence.
Our strengths of service, innovation, and skill are a result of that belief. We have a friendly, collegial, cooperative atmosphere and offer a full range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; holiday, vacation, and sick leave; training and education; 401(k) and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Matrix employees are encouraged to participate in employee wellness programs, social committees, and community outreach programs. We strive to employ highly motivated people with excellent communication and applied critical thinking skills who desire to advance their talents and skills.
Salary Range: $90,000.00 to $110,000.00 Annually. Salary will be dependent upon experience.
The Senior GIS Analyst / Project Manager is responsible for creating and analyzing digital mapping data using Geographic Information Systems (GIS) to support company-wide efforts in product planning, design, and implementation. Other job requirements include business development, marketing, proposals, staff mentorship, and project management expertise. Utilizing consulting expertise, the Senior GIS Analyst / Project Manager prepares the scope, budget, and schedule for projects to ensure contract requirements are executed on-time and on-budget. Essential functions and competencies may be adjusted to be commensurate with applicant experience and skillset.
- Assists with strategic planning and execution.
- Obtains new business opportunities and grows the client base through marketing and proposals.
- Participates in professional associations and organizations to promote Matrix in the industry and community.
- Serves as a senior level mentor to more junior staff.
- Performs project management duties.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Coordinates the acquisition of spatial data and integrates these data into well-organized GIS formats.
- Develops and implements quality control procedures on a vast array of datatypes, including reviewing data for completeness and accuracy.
- Performs spatial analyses and creates information products from GIS and related software.
- Produces presentation quality maps using cartographic design standards for public, client, and internal usage.
- Develops custom web applications using ArcGIS Experience Builder.
- Acquires and designs field collection applications using ArcGIS Field Maps and similar software platforms.
- Manages data and applications in an ArcGIS Enterprise environment.
- Explains the values of GIS technology and processes to non-technical audiences.
- Proficiency with Esri’s desktop GIS mapping software, particularly ArcGIS Desktop with Spatial Analyst and 3D Analyst extensions and ArcGIS Pro with Spatial Analyst and 3D Analyst extensions.
- Proficiency with ArcGIS Online, Portal for ArcGIS, and associated applications.
- Proficiency with ArcGIS Server.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Microsoft Access.
- Proficiency working with various relational database management systems (RDBMS).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead and manage a team.
- A working understanding of programming languages and demonstrated competency with several languages.
- Proficiency with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Project management and business development skills.
- Will be responsible for supervising, managing, and directing the technical oversight of tasks and responsibilities for GIS staff for a variety of public and private sector projects.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree from accredited program in GIS, geography, planning, computer science, engineering, geology, or related field. A bachelor’s degree or GIS certification may also be acceptable if the work experience is commensurate with this position.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years of experience with demonstrated GIS, business development, and supervisory responsibilities. Additional experience is a plus.
- Experience implementing GIS solutions for asset management, land use planning projects, and water resources is preferred.
- Experience working in the engineering and/or planning consulting fields is preferred.
- Experience leading a team to a successful outcome.
- Experience growing a client base.
- Geographic information System Planning (GISP) Certificate is a plus.
- Valid driver's license, in conjunction with successfully passing the Company’s MVR.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Matrix Design Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
The expected salary range for this position is displayed in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location.
Any applicant with a qualifying physical or mental disability who believes s/he requires a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should contact us at 719-575-0100 for assistance.
Please apply online at http://www.matrixdesigngroup.com/careers