OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental and social performance. For more than 31 years, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities, and strong returns for our shareholders.
Our global exploration, development, and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of established operating assets including the Didipio Mine in the Philippines; Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand; and the Haile Gold Mine in the United States of America. The gold, copper, and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects communities around the world. They also contribute to sustainable economic growth in the regions where we operate and direct employment for more than 2,500 people.
Check us out - https://oceanagold.com/
OGC VALUES: CARE | RESPECT | INTEGRITY | PERFORMANCE | TEAMWORK
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our careers website:
Applications close on 31 August 2023. Shortlisting will commence immediately. Applicants must be eligible to work in Philippines.
Seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Superintendent-Learning and Development who will be responsible for improving the productivity of the organization’s employees. You will assess company-wide developmental needs to drive training initiatives and identifies and arranges suitable training solutions for employees. You will work closely with the Group Manager-OD and Culture, provides specialist advice, and leads the implementation of group-wide interventions on one or more mine sites. This position actively searches, creatively designs, and implements effective methods to educate and enhance performance You will be reporting to the Manager-People and Culture.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Manage Learning and Development based on adult learning principles;
- Ensure the Learning and Development system and programs are created to have an impact on the organization;
- Contribute to the drafting of HR frameworks and tools (e.g. recognition);
- Help develop procedures for an area of the organization, and monitor their implementation (e.g. growth and development plans);
- Deliver analyses that enable the diagnosis of business issues, improvement of culture, etc;
- Ensure members are technically competent in training needs analysis, assessment, instructional design, delivery, and evaluation of the training effectiveness;
- Develop training and development programs and objectives from the identified performance gaps;
- Ensure compliance with EnMS and IMS requirements related to skill and competency;
- Monitor and updates all legal requirements related to competency improvement;
- Administer spending against the department budget;
- Obtain and/or develop effective training materials utilizing a variety of media;
- Train and coach the Learning and Development team involved in employee development efforts;
- Plan, organize, and facilitate employee development and training events;
- Develop and maintain organizational communications to ensure employees have knowledge of training and development events and resources;
- Conduct follow-up studies of all completed training to evaluate and measure results;
- Role models the values of the Company;
- Works effectively as a team member and within the Company.
- Behaviour consistent with OceanaGold Values and the OceanaGold Way;
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field;
- Five years’ experience with instructional design, implementing employee development programs, and facilitating a broad range of learning programs including leadership development;
- Certified Professional in Learning, Training, and Development credential preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Adept with a variety of multimedia training platforms and methods;
- Ability to evaluate and research training options and alternatives;
- Ability to design and implement effective training and development.
- Highly attractive remuneration package inclusive of health and life insurance benefits
- Great opportunities for career advancement with an international mining company
- Friendly roster with great onsite foods, accommodation, and with transport from point of hire is provided for non-Didipio residents
- Professional development skills training opportunities provided