OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental, and social performance. For more than 31 years, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities, and strong returns for our shareholders.
Our global exploration, development, and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of established operating assets including the Didipio Mine in the Philippines; Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand; and the Haile Gold Mine in the United States of America. The gold, copper, and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects communities around the world. They also contribute to sustainable economic growth in the regions where we operate and direct employment for more than 2,500 people.
Check us out - https://oceanagold.com/
OGC VALUES: CARE | RESPECT | INTEGRITY | PERFORMANCE | TEAMWORK
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our careers website: https://careers.smartrecruiters.com/OceanaGold
- Conduct a training needs analysis for the underground development team and develop formal training plans
- Coordinate with and assist Project / Area Managers in setting and achieving training targets
- Develop and maintain a training / skills matrix and conduct audit of matrices to identify possible shortcomings in personnel skill spread
- Facilitation of required training awareness programs
- Training and assessment activities
- Identifying areas of improvements within the training management system
- Identify and source suitable training programs for the mining department
- Supplement existing resources by Coordinating training using external and internal provider/s
- Develop and implement theory assessments for our modules to support the integrity of the module/training/assessment process to ensure compliance with good practice standards
- Cooperation with other internal departments including Engineering, Safety, Quality, Human Resources to ensure compliance with their requirements
- Complies with all safety requirements and observes all company policies and procedures.
- Carries out all other duties as required.
- Identify Safety and Environmental improvements
- Conduct safety audits and hazard identification
- Prepare weekly reports on training progress and communicate to all relevant stakeholders
- Prepare and maintain an active register identifying all training risks and opportunities
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Collaborative working style, building strong internal and external relationships.
- Ability to work harmoniously in cross cultural environments
- Good planning, organizing and prioritization capabilities.
- A motivated self-starter who can operate autonomously and is a natural leader.
- A high degree of computer literacy is required, with effective skills in MS products desired.
- Ability to interpret and disseminate technical training information between internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge and experience with underground training systems and controls.
- 10+ years’ relevant experience of which 5+ years would have been in a training role in underground development and/or start up projects.
- Experienced with both start-up projects and operating environments.
- Experience in Risk Management and Risk Mitigation.
- Recognized training/OHS qualifications will be highly regarded.
- Tickets for competent operation of modern Underground mobile equipment preferred
- MSHA Blue Card holed with code IU
- Quality Communication: Communicates regularly, both written and oral, in a wide range of forums to both operations and maintenance personnel
- Project Management: Coaches/supports others to manage improvement projects – required to track project progress and report
- Time Management: Able to pace own work. Able to work unsupervised. Capable of readjusting priorities when necessary.
- Managing/Directing People: Adopts a ‘supervisory’ role for TEAM Coordinators and the PDM Technicians.
- Team Member/Contributing to Team Success: Able to understand own role and how it contributes to the overall output and objectives of the business.
- Driving/Facilitating Change: Identify opportunities for improvement and deliver through implementation and the management of any associated change.
- Maintaining Work Standards: Creates/revises work standards. Requires changes/improvement to work practices as an outcome of TEAM improvement projects.
- Focus on Quality: Prepared to challenge the status quo. Demonstrates a high degree of attention to detail.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs, talk, hear, and see.
- Must be able to work shift work with 12-hour shifts.
- Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) during the workday.
- Work is in a surface mine plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity.
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine environment, including hart hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves, and any other protective equipment as required.